Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Countdown to Obamageddon: 7 days to go

One week, how am I going to get through this week?! I am starting to go crazy, the polls are in our favor now, everything seems to be in our favor, so why can't the election just be today? Alas, no one asked me when I thought election today should be, so I am left waiting another week. I am feeling frustrated with the waiting, and so tonight was the perfect night to go back to the night where it all really started, the night where we were able to believe that this was all possible.

As Barack Obama says "sometimes there are nights like this." And January 3, 2008 will be a night I will always remember, and as of now it is probably the greatest political night I have ever known (though I am hoping that will change in one week). Barack Obama winning Iowa is crazy! There are like 3 white people there! White people don't vote for the black guy, he is too inexperienced, he doesn't connect to voters, he doesn't talk about details, and so on and so forth. But he did win, and with that one win millions of people began to believe in the possibility of hope, and that maybe this time we didn't have to settle. One of the most striking things about watching his Iowa victory now is how much Barack Obama has grown as a candidate. So many of the complaints that were made against him are simply not valid anymore. He has become someone who can role up his sleeves and get to the specifics and connect to voters on a very real level. It has been an impressive transformation to watch. So watch and enjoy, and think back to this cold January night.

1 comment:

Who says that? said...

Good one! I'm commenting because I want you to get positive reinforcement for your blogging efforts...so that you'll continue to write :)