Hello Everyone! This is Becky guest blogging for Debbie! I know. Jason, you must be really excited since you 'check this blog once a week' and it hasn't been updated since November. Well, besides Erin's post yesterday. YES, I read it.
I am Debbie's knight in shining armor, stepping in to write a blog entry and SAVE this blog when everyone-Jason and Erin, had lost hope for it.
I must admit, I kind of lost hope for a little while too.
But it's fine, cuz here I am and there you are and we're going to get this show back on the road. I had a hard time thinking about what I could blog about here. Sure, no one's reading so it doesn't really matter...but what about my inner critic? The little bald guy, with glasses, wearing a suit, with a pocket watch in hand who's critiquing my every move? I need to please him. I NEED TO PLEASE HIM! That's what she said.
But I also need to please Debbie. And she's a tough crowd. So let me blog about things Debbie likes. *please note that this list is no way supposed to be considered a definite guide to who Debbie is and what she likes. it is just a few things I could think of...and I'm not very smart*
1) The Wire. I don't know anything about this show except that it mostly takes place in Baltimore. I have been to Baltimore before. It's pretty fun. There's that whole inner harbor area that's pretty, and you know...um...some other things that are there?
2) Seinfeld. HMM. Debbie really likes Seinfeld. I really don't like Seinfeld. I just feel like the characters are all obnoxious and selfish. In theory the episodes are funny, but then when I sit down to watch one I'm just like 'why is this happening to me?'. The same goes for...
3) Curb Your Enthusiasm. What I said about Seinfeld, just ditto it. The part about Debbie really liking it, too. She really does like 'curb'.
4) Trying new foods. Debbie considers herself a 'foodie' and loves to try new foods. You know of a new thai place, she's down. You heard about an awesome Korean wing place (true story) and want to go? She'll accompany you. You want to order food for lunch and have heard of a place selling pretzels with an olive on them next to a hamburger patty (untrue story)? She'll probably try that too. Now, this doesn't go for all fast food obviously. Cuz like right now there's DELICIOUS looking new sandwich at Dunkin' Donuts. It's basically two waffles with egg and possibly cheese and possibly bacon in the middle of them. A WAFFLE SANDWICH. I don't think Debbie would want to try that. Well, maybe she would...but not from Dunkin' Donuts. Or maybe she would. Well, she at least wouldn't like it if it had vanilla frosting. I know that much.
5) The Decembrists. OH YES, Debbie really likes The Decembrists. She's gone to see them a bunch of times and she talks about them. And when I asked her to give me new music for MIPOD she gave me a few albums of them. Thanks, Deb!
6) Annoying people.
HA! NO SHE DOESN'T! MAN I GOT YOU GOOD!
7) Chocolate. Debbie really likes chocolate. Like, really likes chocolate. In particular, she likes dark chocolate.
8) BECKY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't know if it's because I'm adorable, or if it's because I'm creative, or if it's the way my teeth are shining INSANELY in this picture...but Debbie kind of likes me. And I kind of like her too.
8) Relaxing. Debbie really likes relaxing. She curls up in her sweatpants and her Queens long-sleeved pink shirt (you know the one I'm talking about, right Jason?) and she can stay put for hours. Good for her!
9) Not relaxing. Debbie also likes going out. In particular, she likes going to bars for happy hour, out to new restaurants (see above), over to her friends' places (preferably if they live near her), to do karaoke ('Livin' On a Prayer' anyone?), to do stuff for Barack Obama, to parties....and lots of other things.
10) The TV show 'Chuck'. It's apparently very funny. HMMM
11) Coach Bags. Is this list painting an accurate picture?
12) Cheerios for breakfast. I don't know if she really likes this...but she certainly does eat them so...they can't be all bad, can they?
13) That song 'And I'm proud to be an American where at least I know I'm free!'. She and Erin did a horrifying rendition of it once. HORRIFYING. I've lost so many hours of sleep over that memory...you don't even know.
14) ERIN! I would be remiss if I didn't mention Erin in here. She guest blogged for Debbie too and definitely deserves some credit/a shoutout. So Erin, HI. Debbie likes you!
And what about...
15) JASON!! Debbie's one loyal blog reader and brother. She likes him too...or at least I think she does. Where would we be without you, huh? WHERE?! No really, where?
In conclusion, Debbie might be a Seinfeld/'Curb' watching, new-food trying, annoying-people hating, relaxing-loving, Decembrists-listening gal, but in the end it all comes down to this picture:
Debbie, and the three people who either a) read this blog or b) now write it.