Friday, November 13, 2009

I want to sex you up!

When I saw that the Color Me Badd episode of 90210 was on today I got really excited! As you saw in my chat with Becky from the previous post this was a seminal moment in my young life. My favorite tv show was 90210 and one of my favorite bands was Color Me Badd – the two together – um, perfection! Now, I suppose I should be ashamed to admit this, but screw it, I totally wore out that Color Me Badd cassette, they totally rocked!

Without further ado – my breakdown of the episode, enjoy!

Donna: I was into Color Me Badd before anyone ever heard of them
Kelly: Yeah you and 10,000 other people


Okay, so I love how Donna thinks it is cool to have been into them before anyone else. I mean you hear people say this about like The Beatles or something and you think they are obnoxious, but to say this about Color Me Badd, well I am pretty sure even at the age of 10 I thought Donna was lame. And I also love Kelly’s come back as if 10,000 fans is a lot? I mean that is a pretty limited fan base, I am giving the point to Donna here.

Felice (Donna’s mom): I don’t want you hanging out at the sunset strip, isn’t that a little seedy
Donna: Is it?
Felice: Of course it is”


I don’t know, but I just found this exchange to be funny.

Hotel worker: The hotel is for registered guests only (As Brenda, Donna, Kelly and David try to walk into the Bellagio where Color Me Badd is staying and they are trying to stalk them to get free tickets to some special concert they are having).

Um, this always happens on tv, but have you ever had trouble getting into a hotel? They are four teenagers from Beverly Hills, they aren’t dressed like bums, there is absolutely no way that they would have a problem getting into the hotel. PUHLEASE!

Dylan: I am a human male.

So, if you feel the need to make this statement you obviously have some insecurities, right? I often question how Dylan is considered a bad boy? I mean yes, he was an alcoholic, but he is sober now and like really into being sober. He has his own house at like 16 and never throws a party or does anything particularly crazy. You're telling me there wouldn’t be a party here every weekend? Every night? In fact, the only party I can ever remember him throwing is a bbq that 8 people attended. Oooh what a bad boy!

Oh I always forget about the stupid sub-plot where the guys order a stripper (really?) and AndrĂ©a comes over to study with Brandon. First of all, who goes out in the rain without calling? I mean, what if he wasn’t home? You just rode the bus and probably had to walk a bunch, in the rain? I hate rain! I don’t even like the think about going out in it. She is like single white female or something. Call ahead! So now the guys are freaking out, I mean Andrea might write a four part series on this for the Blaze (she totally would or probably just force Brandon to write it).

Ah a time before cell phones! Steve tries to call the stripper to call her off, but gets her home answering machine because she already left. Shit! What are they going to do?!

And they won’t tell her to leave because they don’t want to tell her a stripper is coming, I don’t know, why don’t you tell her that you are having a guy’s day? Why not tell her she wasn’t invited and to back off! Better yet, tell her she looks like a 35 year old and she will run home in the rain crying and maybe even kill herself or something (very special episode)!

Now we are pretending the stripper is Cindy’s niece. Hijinks!

Meanwhile, Donna’s mom is slumming it on the sunset strip for a “meeting.” What meeting could she possible have at the Belaggio hotel on a Saturday? Then again, we know that Donna has a learning disability, so we can’t really blame her for not cracking the code, but what about the rest of them. I mean David must be mega smart since he was somehow able to graduate early because all of his friends were. I don’t know about you, but in my high school that was a totally valid reason for skipping a grade.

David: Plan b is to think of a plan b.
See, he really is mega smart. Oh that silver!

Kelly is a total bitch. She comes up with plan b by stealing a key, but ditches David and Brenda in the process and then Donna – even though she doesn’t even like Color Me Badd? All she had to do was like whisper to them, come this way… I am on a mission to remind people what a bitch Kelly is since they tried to make her all saint like once Brenda left. Girl is a grade a bitch. I mean Donna has been established as basically the world’s biggest Color Me Badd fan (I mean even bigger than me) and yet Kelly, her supposed best friend ditches her when she has the keys to the kingdom! Bitch.

OMG Donna just saw her mom KISSING another man! No Fuckin way! That was her so-called meeting? I can’t even believe it. I think even when I was 10 I saw that one coming.

Ok, so once Kelly gets to the floor the group is staying on she gets mistaken by a groupie as a groupie. And Kelly like doesn’t even understand what a groupie is. It is amazing!

Kelly to groupie: I don’t get it, what do you want from them? – Really Kelly, you used to be a slut like two years ago, you know, you totally know…

Groupie (In a really condescending tone): What are you doing here; you don’t exactly look like their accountant or anything.
This is awesome; they should make a show with this funny groupie. I mean good point; Kelly says her and her friends want to just meet them. BORING! You are 17, live a little. Have a beer, do something!

Um, Kelly lends one of the guys a dollar and doesn’t realize until the guy says his name that he is Brian Abrams from Color me Badd! And now they are all out in the hall! Aaaaah! This is so exciting! They are so dreamy! (For the record, they are so not, they are freakin weird looking, why did I like these guys? Oh right, their beautiful music!)

Kelly’s big question to the group is, so, I hear you guys get mobbed at malls now? I mean I know she isn’t Andrea or Brandon, but come on, you couldn’t come up with anything better than that. And best of all is this:

Kelly: I am personally sick of malls
One of the dudes in Color Me Badd: I kind of miss it


Malls are totally last season.

Oh Donna is acting all pissy and as always no one figures out something might be wrong. You’d think Brenda would be more attuned to these signs since she just did this herself! After a tearful phone call with her dad she finally breaks! That took a lot less time than to get Brenda to break! But then again, Donna is lot weaker because she has a learning disability.

Meanwhile, back at the casa Walsh, Andrea the investigative reporter sits and chats with the stripper for like hours and never even thinks something is up! Andrea decides to go (since it is clear Brandon isn’t sleeping with her today). And now it is time for the stripper to do her thing. To Color me badd! That is such a weird coincidence? But alas, now the guys know her so well and feel uncomfortable with her stripping for them! What about that statement before Dylan, that you are a human male? More evidence to the contrary, just saying.

OMG Cindy and Jim come home and the stripper is still there! The stripper introduces herself to Cindy as Cindy’s cousin! HILARIOUS! Brandon has a great cover though, different Cindy, Cindy sanders, but Cindy isn’t really buying it, wouldn’t she be Steve’s cousin too? Why would you introduce her like that! Jim chalks it up to weird California families. Oh the Walshes! Doesn’t Cindy remember that we found out a few weeks ago that Steve was adopted, so insensitive.

David (trying to comfort Donna): Maybe your mom and day have some kind of arrangement.

How exactly is this comforting? Have you met Donna? I think this might freak her out even more than her mom just simply having an affair!

Kelly finally calls them to tell them she is with Color Me Badd, took her long enough. Brenda is all excited that Kelly got passes, but then she remembers Donna’s ordeal and that it is rude to be happy. And then tells about what happened and that she should definitely still go and report back. Um, Kelly isn’t even a fan of them? Maybe Donna needs her best friend? Or maybe she should offer Donna the chance to go? I mean it is her favorite band, wouldn’t that cheer her up? Brenda is being pretty clueless here. She hangs up the phone and doesn’t even tell Donna that Kelly is with them? WTF?

Donna and her mom have a showdown in the lobby. EMMY EMMY EMMY! They won emmys for this, right?

Brenda (to her parents): Donna had a kind of weird thing happen to her today.

I personally think it is a great way to explain what happened….

So, Donna’s mom comes to get her at the Walshes but she refuses to go and so just leaves to let her cool off and Cindy comes to comfort Donna.

Cindy: Whatever she does in her own life has nothing to do with you.
Donna: How can that be?

Can we say narcissism!

Now comes the inappropriate part where Cindy tells Donna all about the time where she almost cheated on Jim in the first season. Um, really? NO! Not okay! And there is no way that once Donna deals with her own stuff she wouldn’t tell Brenda this. I was a 16 year old girl that is how it works.

Please note that Brandon and Brenda are talking in their bathroom? Why, I do not know. And then Jim comes in! I guess the acoustics are better in there?

Jim: Tough news about Donna”
Brenda: This morning she was Donna, and now she is still Donna, but a completely different Donna”
Some other things are said
Jim: We really are square


OMG Jim found the stripper’s business card!
Jim: Brandon in two years remind me to tell you about my bachelor party
Um, no, he holds such a double standard it drives me crazy! Can you imagine if Brenda had hired a stripper? Guarantee you she wouldn’t get that reaction.

Aaw Donna and her mom have a nice heart to heart. And then she encourages her to go out with her friends! She never does that! Maybe things will be okay after all. Did you know one of Nat’s burgers is actually the best medicine, not laughter like was previously thought.

Okay maybe Kelly isn’t such a bitch, she did bring Color Me Badd to meet Donna at the peach pit! OMG OMG OMG! I think they would have flipped out a little more, Donna blurts out one omg. No way she keeps it that cool if she is as big of a fan as she says she is. I call liar!

We get a nice musical performance from Color Me Badd to end the episode. AWESOME!

Whatever happened to Color Me Badd? I’d like a where they are now.

No comments: