Saturday, July 12, 2008

I'm not ashamed to say it: I am in love with a robot

So, we all dream of a day where we will meet someone that sweeps us off our feet, someone that we want to spend the rest of our lives with, yada yada. I had always thought that person would be a human, but go figure, it is a robot. I am just SO ahead of my time. There is this robot named Wall-e. He has cute droopy eyes and is a little scrappy, he is a hopeless romantic and likes music. Sounds like the perfect catch, right?

Now, there are of course a few problems here:

1. He is a bit of a pack rat, and those that know me know that I hate clutter and too much stuff and all that. But listen, if we have to get a storage unit or whatever we can, I think we can get past this.

2. He is a bit clingy/whiny. I am someone who needs my space. And I am slightly concerned that Wall-e will always need to know where I am, and will need me to call him like every 15 minutes (I might not mind this so much once I have my iphone). So, he would need to get some therapy and learn to give me my space. We will figure it out.

3. He is in love with someone else (aren't they all)? So, this may be a problem with no solution. I mean even an idiot can see that Eve (Eve-aah) and Wall-e are meant for each other. And I think I love Wall-e enough to let him go and be happy.

Wow, it was good to get that off my chest. I will try to find a way to mend my broken heart.

Seriously though , if you have not done so already, go see Wall-e, it is really good. It has messages about the environment, and the bizarre ways that humans choose to interact with each other and lots of other good stuff about technology, waste and not caring about what happens to our world. Plus a cute little robot named Wall-e who will dance his way into your heart (to Hello Dolly, of course). Enjoy!

6 comments:

Who says that? said...

YAY! I enjoyed this entry. I think some pictures of Wall-E and Eve-Ahh might make a nice companion, for those of your readers who a) don't know who wall-e is or b) who love wall-e also and would appreciate pictures of him.

Deb said...

This is my blog, not yours. I have a no picture policy on here.

Who says that? said...

fine.

But if any of you out there WANT pictures of wall-e you can find some at MY blog:
beckysaysthat.blogspot.com


hehehe. I'm now SHAMELESSLY promoting MY blog on YOURS!

m said...

hey girl! didn't realize you started this up again, pimp it!

Who says that? said...

just wanted to comment on how you're not blogging anymore. what's the deal?! don't leave me high and dry!

Who says that? said...

omg. YOU STILL HAVEN'T WRITTEN A NEW POST YET?! deb! what are you doing?! write! write! write!