Thursday, February 28, 2008

Where's Mr. Presbo when you need him?!

Yes, it has been awhile since I posted. I bet you all were beginning to think it might be another 3 1/2 years, I was beginning to think that as well, but I am still here. I have had a busy/tiring week, and so haven't been much in the mood to write.

Actually, the real reason I have not written is that I have been spending my time worrying about Dukie from the Wire, and being happy for Bubs (Reginald!), and so have not had time to write on this blog. I can assure you that if Becky or Erin had written a heartfelt post about Dukie then I would have found the time and energy to write, and probably would have awarded them 100 points or something crazy like that. Since I know only 1 of my 7 readers watches the Wire, I will explain that Dukie is a character, a kid on the show. We met him last year during the shows absolutely brillant 4th season that focused on the Baltimore school system (it may not sound riveting, but it is). We learn that Dukie is a really smart kid, with lots of potential. However, Dukie comes from a family of drug addicts who steal from him. Anyway, it was starting to look like maybe Dukie would be okay. And I mean okay in relative terms, since his source of income was his best friend who was becoming successful in the drug world. Now, I am hoping you are all going to watch the Wire someday, so I am not going to say much more, but I will say this, I am extremely concerned about the fate of Dukie. I have been concerned all season about Dukie, realizing how distraught it will make me if he does not come out of this okay, but also realizing that he probably won't (and that probably makes more sense in terms of the themes of the show). The 2 week build up to the finale is driving me crazy. I need to know he is going to be okay. And yes, I will be seeking therapy because I do realize it is ridiculous to spend this much time discussing a fiction character, but you don't understand, you need to watch, and then you will. I realize this blog is supposed to be commenting on Becky and Erin's blogs, but frankly, I was way more interested in discussing this today (everyday?). If only Dukie had a blog, then it would work out much better.

Erin's fun fact: She is going to Boston next weekend.

Becky's fun fact: She is going home to Connecticut this weekend.


Debbie's fun fact: She is having a beer pong tournament with her cousin's this weekend.


Dukie's fun fact: He is really good at math and computers.

4 comments:

Who says that? said...

I don't know if I should be honest with you in my comments or try to win points...

well...
DUKIE DUKIE DUKIE DUKIE! I almost have to watch 'the wire' now so I can know what you're talking about/how great this little boy is

Anonymous said...

are we having a beer pong "tournament" of just playing beer pong? I bet Dukie would be terrible at beer pong.

Anonymous said...

the anonymous poster above me seems delightful!

Anonymous said...

Not sure where to post this but I wanted to ask if anyone has heard of National Clicks?

Can someone help me find it?

Overheard some co-workers talking about it all week but didn't have time to ask so I thought I would post it here to see if someone could help me out.

Seems to be getting alot of buzz right now.

Thanks